Camzilla's Birth Photography

Monday, May 19, 2014

Last year, I had the awesome opportunity to photograph my friend, Mallory, give birth to her son Cam. Cam was born with a congenital heart defect, but he is a healthy & growing little boy. This weekend some friends and I went to Butler University to support Cam in the Congenital Heart Walk. It was a great time, but I realized I never posted any of his pics!  So here are a few of them. This was my first go at doing birth photography, and I still have A LOT to learn. But it was such an honor to be in the delivery room with her. She had a completely natural birth and I am still in awe of the amazing strength she had during this birth! I am thankful for friends who let me in on precious moments in their lives and let me work on my photog skills too!  I am so blessed to have this family in my life! (Lots of pics ahead!)
























Hospital lighting is super tricky. Some of the photos have a brown tint to them that happened when I uploaded them, so I'll have to go back and check the edit settings I used, as they are supposed to be true black and white. It is my dream to be a volunteer photographer for Now I Lay Me Down to Sleep, a non-profit organization who does photography for families whose babies have passed away or are terminally ill. However, I need lots of practice and don't know of anyone in the area who could mentor me at the moment. (Any experience photographer will tell you the photos above are pretty amateur, but I think some precious memories were still captured.) That's why I'm so thankful for my friends who are letting me practice! If you're an Indy area photographer who would be willing to let me tag along and learn from you, please let me know! 

You Might Also Like

0 Lovely Words

Thanks for sharing your thoughts! I'd love to hear from you!