Every Little Thing: A Flat Vernacular Coloring Book

Saturday, December 19, 2015


Its no secret I'm on the adult coloring book bandwagon. In fact, you might have an adult coloring book problem if Prismacolor colored pencils are top on your Amazon wishlist. They're definitely top on mine! I've tried a variety of different coloring books-- some good, some not so great. I think a lot of it comes down to personal preference, and that's why I don't feel quite so bad saying that Every Little Thing is not one of my favorites. While it does have beautiful hand drawn pages of quirky woodland animals, 80's inspired boomboxes and novelties, I'm not a big fan of the kaleidoscope/wallpaper look of most of the pages. 

The woodland creatures are fun to color, but there is just too much going on on some of the pages and they just don't make sense. But like I said, I think this is where its more a matter of preference. I'm sure the next person may absolutely love the eclectic style of this coloring book! While its just not my jam, I will say that the book is beautifully constructed. That pages are printed on good, thick paper. My felt tipped and sharpie markers do bleed through, but gel pens and of course, colored pencils do not bleed through or show on the other side. The book is bound in a way that makes it a little difficult to lay flat, but you can press it down and make it work. 

Overall, this isn't my favorite style or theme of coloring book, but it is pretty and well-done. If the style of this book makes you think of someone who may like it, you are probably right! Go ahead and get it for them!! You can purchase this book HERE on Amazon.  

I received this book from Blogging for Books in exchange or my honest review. 

You Might Also Like

0 Lovely Words

Thanks for sharing your thoughts! I'd love to hear from you!